Sunday, May 15, 2005

This weekend was a bit relaxing. I finished watching 'Star Wars Episode II - Attack of the Clones'. Now Iam all set to watch the final episode, 'Star Wars Episode III -Revenge of the Sith'.I will have to book my tickets in advance as it will be tough to get one on first day. Iam all excited about it.

I also have started to read a book 'The Genesis Race: Our Extraterrestrial DNA and the True Origins of the Species'.
The book is an introspection on the fact that for millennia the development of humanity showed a consistent pattern. But, then suddenly, around 5000 b.c., great civilizations sprang up around the globe. Men turned from animal hunters to agriculturalists, for food. The book says that Creation myths of these civilizations tell of gods who came to Earth, teaching the arts of civilized life.

I guess I have finished 3 chapters. So far it has been interesting. I wouldn't say it is an excellent book. But nevertheless, I always manage to learn something even out of nothing. So I guess, I will pick some interesting things from here too, even if the book turns out to be a disappointment.

I just finished watching the suspense thriller 'Athu Mattum Ragasiyam' in Sun TV. I usually don't watch Sun TV serials as they are mostly soap operas, always some woman sitting and crying in the corner of a room. But this is a suspense thriller and it has been very interesting so far. The story is about some mysterious events unfolding in a village called 'Pannak Kaadu'. I remember the days when I used to watch another suspense thriller, 'Vidaathu Karuppu', also village based. That was a good one. I hope this one will keep me thrilled.

No comments: