Monday, May 02, 2005

India's latest satellite launch - CARTOSAT & HAMSAT

Last night Sun TV news was reporting on India's latest satellite launch , scheduled for May 5, 2005.



In its ninth flight, ISRO's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, PSLV-C6, will launch India's remote sensing satellite, the 1,560 kg CARTOSAT-1, along with a 42.5 kg piggyback satellite, HAMSAT, in a 618 km polar Sun Synchronous Orbit (SSO).

I remember the days when I used to watch the launches live in Doordarshan. Yes, Doordarshan, the state owned television, had the launch covered live. I was all amazed looking at the launch and the telemetry. I even remember not going to school and college on such days and watching the launches.

I now wish I had Doordarshan in US. Or at least, if ISRO can stream the launch live in Internet, that would be cool.

Anyway, I hope the launch goes successful.

Jai Hind.

No comments: