Saturday, October 15, 2005

Day 48

Today is my 48th day as a vegetarian.

When I started this, I didn't have any time in my mind. I thought I will take it easy. But somewhere in between, I decided I should be a vegetarian for at least 48 days.

You might ask why 48 days.

When I was young I remember reading that in our Tamil tradition, 48 days counts as a mandalam. It's just a time period. I did not know the significance of 48 days at that time.

Few days ago, I was curious about this 48 days mandalam, described in our Tamil/Sanskrit literatures.

What I found was quite amazing.

Apparently it is something to do with our internal body(biology) clock. In west, they call it as Biorhythm.

History of Biorhythms

The clock starts from the time you were born.
You can find your state of clock at any time by using Biorhythm calculator. Here is one such calculator.

Now I have decided to go 53 days at least.
After that, I don't know.

May be I will start to eat meat.
May be not.

No comments: