Friday, April 22, 2005

Earth Day

Today is earth day.

"Also in Japan, I heard the story of a hummingbird from a professor I met. When the forest where the hummingbird lived went up in flames, the other animals ran out to save themselves. But the hummingbird stayed, flying to and from a nearby river with drops of water in its beak to pour on the fire.
From a distance, the other animals laughed and mocked it. "What do you think you are doing?" they shouted. "This fire is overwhelming. You can't do anything."
Finally, the hummingbird turned to them and said, "I'm doing what I can."
-Wangari Maathai, Nobel Peace Prize winner

"I'm doing what I can."

How humble, but very powerful, these words are !

"In every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations"
- Iroquois

Seventh Generation Products
I'm not endorsing any product.
Iam doing what I can.

No comments: